1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup white sugar
1 lemon, juiced
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons lemon zest
1 cup fresh blueberries
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup white sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8×4 Inch loaf pan. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, and beat well. Mix in the juice of 1 lemon. Add the flour mixture, alternating with the milk. Fold in the lemon zest and blueberries. Pour into prepared 8×4 inch loaf pan.
3. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. For the glaze, combine 1/4 cup sugar with 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Drizzle over cake while still warm.
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup wheat and barley nugget cereal (e.g. Grape-Nuts™)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (7 ounce) bag chopped dried mixed fruit
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line a 9 inch square baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray the foil with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, flour, cereal, and cinnamon. Add the egg, applesauce, honey, brown sugar, and oil. Mix well. Stir in the sunflower seeds, walnuts, and dried fruit. Spread mixture evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until firm and lightly browned around the edges. Let cool. Use the foil to lift from the pan. Cut into bars or squares, and store in the refrigerator.