In my personal opinion, everything tastes great wrapped in bacon!
- 12 spears of asparagus
- 24 pitted dates
- 4 apples (granny smith green is best)
- 40 slices of bacon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Blanch the asparagus until it is barely cooked and still crisp, 2 to 4 minutes. When done, plunge the asparagus into ice water to stop the cooking. When cool, trim the asparagus to 8-inch lengths. Wrap a bundle of 1 asparagus spear with 1 strip of bacon, side by side, securing each slice with a toothpick. The bacon should be wrapped around twice so that there are two layers.
- wrap the 24 dates, each with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- wash green apples, remove apple peel and slice apple for ample bite size pieces. Wrap each piece in bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Roast all above in preheated oven for 6 minutes, then flip over, and cook for another 4 to 6 minutes, until the bacon is brown and crisp.
- After cookies, remove from oven and place contents on papertowl to soak up bacon grease. Allow to cook for 10 minutes and ENJOY!!