Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 1 Hr 10 Min
Ready In: 1 Hr 25 Min
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add bananas and peanut butter; mix well.
- In separate bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf ban.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 70-75 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips for serving:
- Tip for breakfast – When serving the following morning for breakfast, simply warm in the toaster oven and add a little butter and sprinkle a small amount of brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Tip for dessert – cut thick slice, lie flat on plate, add one scoop of vanilla ice cream and top with a large heaping spoon of applesauce…yum!